Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Day of Drumming in Johnstown, PA

Well, I'm happy to finally be getting back to Johnstown and doing some more drumming. Johnstown is not far from where I grew up (Rockwood, PA). I remember playing in the Johnstown symphony years ago...seems like several lifetimes have passed since then.

Anyhow, here is the information about the day if you'd like to make it.


The day will begin at 1PM with my new drumming workshop called Drumming, Ecstasy & Evolution where participants will learn hand drumming techniques to play exciting rhythms and drumming songs from Africa, the Americas, and the Caribbean. I will also teach participants how to deeply connect with their drumming using a simple, yet powerful four step process. I will provide a large selection of authentic West African drums called djembes for participants to use during the workshop.
The event is open to anyone over the age of 17 regardless of prior drumming experience.

In the evening I will bring my percussive based band Drum the Ecstatic International to the ART WORKS starting at 7pm for an all ages show.


Anyone wishing to participate in the workshop or to get tickets for the show are asked register by calling the BOTTLE WORKS 814-536-5399. Space is very limited, advance registration required.


More Details Here...

No comments:

Post a Comment