Monday, July 19, 2010

Mantras, Good Summer Reads, and My Afro-Mullet..... July 2010

Jim Donovan at AllGood 
2010

When I was a kid I always wished I could be surrounded by drums...
All Good 2010 ::
(Photo by Scott Swimmer)

I hope your summer is giving you some well deserved rejuvenation. I've been having a good time with the family, seeing many of my friends this summer, doing some drumming, playing music and just kicking back a bit. I recently re-discovered my passion for songwriting and have begun preproduction on a new CD of material... the disc will be called "The Sunshine" so far I've got about 10 or so songs in the works. Engaging in creativity feels SO good... I'll keep you posted on the progress and when I have some of it finished I'll be sure to give you a preview before it's released...

Other good news:
1.
This week I'll be Western NY teaching and performing with Drum the Ecstatic in Sherman, NY. View the full schedule here...
 
2.
Check out the new Podcast page on my site. The new uploads include interviews about Santana as well as a piece called the Ella story. I hope you like them!
 
3. Spots for  The 2010 Great Rhythm Revival on Labor Day weekend are selling briskly, you may want to register soon if you'd like a spot...

4. Here are a few books I've been enjoying this summer... Reading is fundamental...

Other Stuff

Get your Discount Drummer Bundle :: DVD and Learn-by-Ear Audio Tools here...

No comments:

Post a Comment